Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
A cool and refreshing dessert for summer. Made with an ice cream maker. Using berry or superfine sugar is best.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 5 lemons, juice of (1 cup lemon juice)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar (berry or superfine sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Mix all ingredients together, stirring well. If you cant get berry sugar or superfine sugar, regular sugar can be used if you put it thru a food processor and pulse a few times.
- Cool in fridge for at least two hours.
- Using ice cream machine follow manufactures intructions. (25 minutes) Is how long mine takes.
- Scoop out pulp from lemons. Trim bottom of lemon cups so they dont rock.
- When sorbet is ready scoop into lemon cups and garnish with lemon zest.
- Return to freezer until ready to serve or store lemon sorbet in freezer and scoop just before serving.
Sorbets are not suppose to have milk. I think this is a recipe for sherbet.
This is the first time I used my ice-cream maker so I'm not sure whether it's working correctly or not. This tasted just lovely but I'm not sure I got the consistency right, it was very hard to scoop once frozen and I had to scrape it out of the container so it was more like a slush, I think I need to experiment with my ice-cream maker more!!
Absolutely outstanding! It has that fresh tasting, sweet yet tart flavor that you only acquire with fresh lemon! This recipe, I will undoubtedly use again and again! I am using this sorbet as the sandwich filling to create my Granola Ice Cream Squares which should be fantastic topped with the wonderfully fresh taste of Blackberry Sauce! Thank you for this wonderful recipe, Calee!