Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
A cool and refreshing dessert for summer. Made with an ice cream maker. Using berry or superfine sugar is best.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 5 lemons, juice of (1 cup lemon juice)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar (berry or superfine sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Mix all ingredients together, stirring well. If you cant get berry sugar or superfine sugar, regular sugar can be used if you put it thru a food processor and pulse a few times.
- Cool in fridge for at least two hours.
- Using ice cream machine follow manufactures intructions. (25 minutes) Is how long mine takes.
- Scoop out pulp from lemons. Trim bottom of lemon cups so they dont rock.
- When sorbet is ready scoop into lemon cups and garnish with lemon zest.
- Return to freezer until ready to serve or store lemon sorbet in freezer and scoop just before serving.
Sorbets are not suppose to have milk. I think this is a recipe for sherbet.
This is the first time I used my ice-cream maker so I'm not sure whether it's working correctly or not. This tasted just lovely but I'm not sure I got the consistency right, it was very hard to scoop once frozen and I had to scrape it out of the container so it was more like a slush, I think I need to experiment with my ice-cream maker more!!
Absolutely outstanding! It has that fresh tasting, sweet yet tart flavor that you only acquire with fresh lemon! This recipe, I will undoubtedly use again and again! I am using this sorbet as the sandwich filling to create my Recipe #227267 which should be fantastic topped with the wonderfully fresh taste of Recipe #60175! Thank you for this wonderful recipe, Calee!