Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Betcha can't eat just one of these decadent, rich yet refreshing dessert bars! Melt in your mouth, deliciously yummy treats! Very easy, no-bake recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini marshmallows (white is preferred)
Lemon Buttercream Icing
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups icing sugar (confectioners)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon cream
- For Base:.
- Melt butter over low heat in medium saucepan.
- Add beaten eggs, sugar and coconut.
- Cook over very low heat, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Add graham crumbs and nuts and stir to combine.
- Fold in marshmallows.
- Spread in a buttered 9 inch square pan.
- Chill until firm, about 45 minutes, then frost with Icing.
- Lemon Buttercream Icing:.
- In medium bowl, beat butter until soft and fluffy with hand mixer.
- Alternately blend in sugar and lemon juice gradually.
- Add milk or cream and continue beating until icing is white and creamy.
- You may need to add a little more lemon juice to get the right consistency. You want a fairly thick, but spreadable, creamy icing.
- Spread icing on cooled base.
- Refrigerate another 30 minutes until icing is set, and cut into 1 inch squares.
My husband always talked about this wonderful square that his mom used to make but I could never find the recipe until now. He was thrilled. Thank-you Chef Beek.
Oh my God! These are better than you know what! :) After making these, I immediately made another batch (after eating the first). They were so easy to make. Looks like it is back to the gym for me. :)