Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped almonds
- powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl cream butter,sugar and egg until well blended.
- Add lemon juice and peel.
- Combine flour baking soda,cream of tarter and salt,stir into creamed mixture.
- Add almonds.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- (cookies will not brown on top).
- Remove immediately to wire racks to cool for 5 minutes,then roll in powdered sugar.
I made these for my cookie tray and they tasted so good. I didn't think I could make it out the door with them. They have the perfect amount of lemon flavoring. Everyone commented on how wonderful they were. Refreshing, would be the word
A great cookie! Was looking for a new addition to my Christmas cookie selection and decided to give this a try since I really like lemon flavored desserts. They baked up perfectly! Instead of rolling the cookies in powdered sugar, I placed the powdered sugar into my sifter and just sifted it over the cookies on the cooling rack. If you like lemon, they're worth a try!