Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you love lemon, you will like these cookies.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 1 cup finely chopped blanched almond
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In mixing bowl, mix butter and sugar until light and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in flour, cornstarch, salt and lemon peel.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in chopped nuts, pressing lightly into dough.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until pale golden.
- Remove to racks to cool.
- Frosting: In a small bowl, stir together frosting ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle over cookies.
- (If it is too thick, thin with a few drops of hot water).
I have been making these cookies for years and love them.I lightly toast my almonds and get them really fine in the food prossesor.I also use a few drops of yellow food coloring in the frosting.
These are very tasty, but after combining the ingredients, found that there was no way the dough was going to stick together enough to make a cookie....add another 1/2 cup butter....they turned out beautifully and are quite yummy