- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 1 cup finely chopped blanched almond
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In mixing bowl, mix butter and sugar until light and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in flour, cornstarch, salt and lemon peel.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in chopped nuts, pressing lightly into dough.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until pale golden.
- Remove to racks to cool.
- Frosting: In a small bowl, stir together frosting ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle over cookies.
- (If it is too thick, thin with a few drops of hot water).