Recipe by lizeroo
This is from my local paper and is from a cookbook to be put out soon by my local gas company. They are excellent every year(Blue Flame Cookbooks), so though I haven't tried this, it sounds delicious enough to post.... Note: the cooking time means chill time.
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 (300 ml) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 prepared angel food cake
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 1 cup flaked coconut (sweetened)
Directions See How It's Made
- First, combine condensed milk, lemon juices and peel together and whisk until smooth and thickened.
- Then, fold in whipped cream.
- Cut the angel food cake into 3 horizontal pieces.
- After placing bottom layer of cake on a serving platter, spread it with 3/4 cup of the cream mixture Top with the second or middle layer of cake.
- Spread 2nd layer with 3/4 cup of cream mixture.
- Add the third and final layer and top with remaining cream mixture over the top and sides.
- Sprinkle coconut over all sides and top of cake, patting into place.
- Refrigerate for 4 to 12 hours.
- NOTE: It is imperative to use the exact amount of lemon juice called for as the mixture will not thicken properly otherwise.