Recipe by CountryLady
My mother used to make this when I was a kid. Its both easy & tasty.
Top Review by Mirj
Very tasty, light and fluffy. I didn't serve it as a dessert on it's own, but as a cold topping on top of some blueberry cobbler. The lemon really complimented the taste of the blueberries. Lemon pudding is not available where I live, and I used up my last box that I had brought back with me from the States. On my next trip I'll get more so I can make this again.
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate yolks from whites.
- Place whites (and beaters) in freezer to cool.
- Stir yolks& combine with lemon pie filling in a heavy saucepan.
- Add boiling water& mix well.
- Cook over low heat until thickened.
- Add sugar to egg whites& whip.
- Mix with lemon/yolk mixture.
- Pour into dessert dishes& refrigerate.
- Top with a dollop of whip cream (optional).