Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a sophisticated yet simple take on sugar peas, perfect for the summer when you can get these delicious little veggies straight from the garden or farmer’s market! Lemon zest and fresh thyme help to make this a side dish worthy of the fanciest meal…or just a special touch during the workweek. Enjoy! The recipe is from a Cuisine at Home magazine.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb sugar snap pea, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add peas; saute 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook an additional minute, or until peas are crisp-tender.
I was a bit disappointed in the flavour of this recipe. Being that it was called "Lemon" snap peas, I expected it to have more of a lemony flavour. I still enjoyed it but it wasn't quite what I expected.