Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very moist cake from Light and Tasty Dec/Jan 2002
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces fat-free lemon yogurt
- 8 ounces reduced-fat whipped topping
- additional lemon peel (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in lemon peel and extracts.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with yogurt (batter will be thick).
- Spread into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Garnish with whipped topping and lemon peel, if desired.