Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Feeling down, have a hang over or just need a lift try this.
Make and share this Lemon Slices in Honey / Citrus Concentrate for Your Health recipe from Food.com.
- 20 ounces honey, raw is best
- 5 lemons (sliced 1/8 inch if possible. Mix and match your citrus as I did using all 3) or 5 limes (sliced 1/8 inch if possible. Mix and match your citrus as I did using all 3) or 2 oranges, sliced super thin (sliced 1/8 inch if possible. Mix and match your citrus as I did using all 3)
- Start by pouring some honey, layer lemons limes and orange slices in a glass jar alternating with honey. Let it set at least 8 hours in the refridgartor.
- To serve, stir 2 tablespoons of the honey mixture into an 8 oz. cup of boiling water, hot ginger tea or hot herbal tea.
- Or for a cold drink add sparkling water and ice.
- Get cozy and enjoy!
I am quite surprised with this. I never have tried lemon water because I thought it would be nasty. I am also not very keen on the taste of Honey, yet this combination was actually quite good. I tried it with a warm cup of water since I am not a tea drinker. I think that this would be good with warm or cold water really. This would be a good flavor enhancer to plain ole water. I really liked this surprisingly so!! I made this for the Contest and Events Forum, All Aboard the LOVE Train, 2012. This gets a KUDOS from me!
I totally loved these honey soaked lemon slices.I'll always keep a jar of it.Thanks for sharing.
OOPS! Forgot the stars when I first reviewed this.....Made this two days ago and just enjoying it tonight as I write this review. I was surprised thaat it turned out so well....I say this because I'm not a big fan of plain raw honey, but always use it in collking or baking. When I make tea, I use a flavored raw honey, like clover. I used fresh-from-the -tree lemons and limes and store-bought tangerines. Great flavor, thanks Rita!