Another New Zealand find. For a variation you can throw a handful of coconut into the egg mixture. Normal size of a slice tin is 35cm long x 20 cm wide x 4 cm deep.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Place flour, icing sugar and butter in a food processor, mix until a ball is formed around the blade (don't use hard butter as it won't form into a ball).
- Lined the tin with baking paper to come up a bit over two sides, (this will make removal a lot easier).
- Place into a slice tin and press flat.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- In same food processor bowl (not need to wash) add eggs, lemon juice, zest, castor sugar and self-raising flour, process until well combined.
- Once base has cooked for 20 mins take out and pour in filling and place back in oven and cook for a further 15 - 20 minutes or until it feels sets in middle.
yummo! have made this a few times,but i have found the top of the slice tasted floury and was firm.Made it again yesterday and only put in a couple tbs of sr flour into the lemon mix and it turned out simillar to lemon curd with a thin crust on top.....excellent! :)
Awsome I have also tried it with gluten free flour mix and it was just the same so heaps of brownie points scored for me when the mother in law could enjoy it with us for supper.Thank you
After solving a little confusion over measurements -- fluid ounces versus ounces of weight in the conversion from metric -- this came together beautifully, set up properly, and tastes wonderful. Handles like a cookie (biscuit) because the jelly-like lemon topping is covered with just the slightest crust. Made for the OZ/NZ Swap #22.