Another New Zealand find. For a variation you can throw a handful of coconut into the egg mixture. Normal size of a slice tin is 35cm long x 20 cm wide x 4 cm deep.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Place flour, icing sugar and butter in a food processor, mix until a ball is formed around the blade (don't use hard butter as it won't form into a ball).
- Lined the tin with baking paper to come up a bit over two sides, (this will make removal a lot easier).
- Place into a slice tin and press flat.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- In same food processor bowl (not need to wash) add eggs, lemon juice, zest, castor sugar and self-raising flour, process until well combined.
- Once base has cooked for 20 mins take out and pour in filling and place back in oven and cook for a further 15 - 20 minutes or until it feels sets in middle.