Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A simple, tasty appetizer easy to prepare. The cook time is the time needed in the fridge.
- 3⁄4 lb cooked shrimp
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 lemon, juice of (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 bunch green onion
- 2 -3 tablespoons prepared horseradish (or to taste)
- melba toast
- Remove tails from shrimp, rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- Coarsely chop.
- Beat softened cream cheese and lemon juice with electric mixer until blended and smooth.
- Finely mince white and pale green parts of green onion in food processor.
- Stir into cream cheese mixture.
- Add shrimp.
- Add horseradish.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Can be made a day ahead.
- Serve with melba toast.
Oh my God! This is a wonderful recipe for those of you on the go. I followed the recipe and there was plenty to go around for four people. A heathly appetizer for a trip to any music festival and that's just what I did.
Good appy to make the day before it is needed. The lemon, cream cheese and shrimp went well together. Made a lot also. Have frozen some for another get together.