Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cooking for 2? This is the recipe for you. I have also doubled it for 4. It is elegant and light. Have no clue where I got the original recipe. I have had it for a very long time.
- 4.92 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 226.79 g shrimp, deveined and sliced in half lengthwise
- 118.29 ml frozen green pea, thawed
- 78.07 ml coarsely shredded carrot
- 118.29 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 14.79 ml processed light cream cheese
- 473.18 ml cooked farfalle pasta, cooked without added salt (bow tie pasta) or 473.18 ml fat (bow tie pasta)
- 44.37 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 2.46 ml grated fresh lemon rind
- 0.59 ml salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh chives (optional)
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Add oil and place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add minced garlic and saute 15 seconds.
- Add shrimp and saute until pink.
- Add peas and carrot.
- Saute 1 minute, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add broth and cream cheese to skillet; cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Stir in shrimp mixture, farfalle, and next 4 ingredients.
- Cook 1 minute.
- If desired, garnish with chives.
MMMMMMMmmm was this ever good! We enjoyed it very much. We had with some baked pita wedges and my DH just about inhaled his plate! He gives it 5 stars and I do too. It's a winner all the way to the table! Thanks Paula!
makes very little sauce as written... you need to double or triple the sauce. I also had a problem with the cream cheese melting and mixing. Overall the taste is good.
Good flavour, easy to make.