Cooking for 2? This is the recipe for you. I have also doubled it for 4. It is elegant and light. Have no clue where I got the original recipe. I have had it for a very long time.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces shrimp, deveined and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon processed light cream cheese
- 2 cups cooked farfalle pasta, cooked without added salt (bow tie pasta) or 2 cups fat (bow tie pasta)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh chives (optional)
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Add oil and place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add minced garlic and saute 15 seconds.
- Add shrimp and saute until pink.
- Add peas and carrot.
- Saute 1 minute, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add broth and cream cheese to skillet; cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Stir in shrimp mixture, farfalle, and next 4 ingredients.
- Cook 1 minute.
- If desired, garnish with chives.