Recipe by Wendelina
Low fat, low sodium yummy stir fry. Great for folks on LAWL.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Really nice recipe! Especially for those watching fat and calorie intake. This was easy put together, and tasted delicious! I have a wok, so used that instead of the skillet. I also added some fresh garlic, and a couple shakes of pepper flakes. I also added some sliced green onion for topping. Thanks so much!
- 5 -7 ounces shrimp
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 celery rib, cut on the bias
- 1⁄4 red pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup bok choy, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup bean sprouts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cornstarch, splenda, soy sauce, pepper, water, lemon zest, lemon juice in a bowl. Set aside. Coat skillet with non-fat cooking spray. Preheat over med heat. Add celery, bok choy & onion. Cook for 1 minute. Add green pepper and bean sprouts and cook another minute. Stir-fry all veggies until crisp tender. Remove from pan and set aside. Add shrimp to skillet and stir-fry until shrimp turns pink. Add veggies back into pan. Add the sauce and cook until slightly thickened.
- If desired, serve over 1/3 c brown rice.
- This makes 1 serving.
- LAWL count: 1 protein, 2 veg, 1 fruit and with the rice 1 starch.