Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Low fat, low sodium yummy stir fry. Great for folks on LAWL.
- 5 -7 ounces shrimp
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 celery rib, cut on the bias
- 1⁄4 red pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup bok choy, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup bean sprouts
- Combine cornstarch, splenda, soy sauce, pepper, water, lemon zest, lemon juice in a bowl. Set aside. Coat skillet with non-fat cooking spray. Preheat over med heat. Add celery, bok choy & onion. Cook for 1 minute. Add green pepper and bean sprouts and cook another minute. Stir-fry all veggies until crisp tender. Remove from pan and set aside. Add shrimp to skillet and stir-fry until shrimp turns pink. Add veggies back into pan. Add the sauce and cook until slightly thickened.
- If desired, serve over 1/3 c brown rice.
- This makes 1 serving.
- LAWL count: 1 protein, 2 veg, 1 fruit and with the rice 1 starch.
Really nice recipe! Especially for those watching fat and calorie intake. This was easy put together, and tasted delicious! I have a wok, so used that instead of the skillet. I also added some fresh garlic, and a couple shakes of pepper flakes. I also added some sliced green onion for topping. Thanks so much!