Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you are a lemon lover, this one is for you! Adjust the lemon juice to your taste. I use a whole bunch.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or Canola Balance which is healthier)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, zest of (or more to taste)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 package pine nuts (cashews work too.)
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 package of frozen tailless shrimp, thawed
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Put hot pasta in large bowl and add the oil, lemon zest, and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Put chicken stock, lemon juice and cornstarch in large saucepan.
- Bring to boil, whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer, whicking, at least 2 minutes to remove the starchy flavor from the cornstarch.
- Add thawed shrimp and pignole nuts, simmer for a minute or two, just until shrimp is heated.
- Cooking too long will make the shrimp tough.
- Plate up the pasta and dump shrimp mixture on it.
Even though I had some questions about this recipe, I'm giving it 5 stars 'cause it was so lemony delicious. I mixed the dill in with the sauce as it was cooking, and used about 1 tbs of pine nuts per serving.