Recipe by evesarah1
This is not for those watching calories!! But the end result is super fast and delish!
Top Review by Roni Belle
this was better than i expected. it was one of those dinners when you dont have much time and/or when you arent too hungry for a huge meal. i did accompany the shrimp and rice with an iceberg lettuce salad with sunflower seeds, bacon bits, croutons and french dressing and of course some bread sticks. i have to say the salad pulled the whole meal together. i also used fully cooked shrimp (to avoid overcooking) so all there was to it was to let it heat with the butter sauce. and i do recommend the red chili pepper flakes cause i honestly think that without them the shrimp might have been a little blah. the spicy kick from the red chili pepper made the shrimp taste sooo good! overall, i will be making this meal again, it was pretty tasty and i didnt have that bloated feeling afterwards. it hit the spot! thanks for sharing!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cilantro (or parsley)
- 1 lemon peel
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup butter (yikes!)
- 1 lemon (sliced fine or lime)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pinch red chili pepper flakes, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- cook rice with water until done and fluffs up nice on fork; add lemon peel, chopped herb (cilantro or parsley) salt and pepper.
- in another pan throw garlic, butter, sliced lemon, oregano, salt, pepper, red chili flakes.
- When butter is melted add shrimp and cook until pink.
- Serve rice and spoon shrimp and butter mix on top.
- Serve with a simple spinach salad and fresh french bread and voila!