2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Definitely a crowd pleaser but not light on the waistband. From ToH. Cooking time includes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely shredded lime peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 (10 ounce) jar lemon curd (about 3/4 cup)
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degree F.
- 2For shortbread, in a large mixing bowl beat butter and sugar until combined.
- 3Gradually beat in flour and cornmeal until combined, then stir in nuts.
- 4Divide dough in half; on two large ungreased cookie sheets, press each half of dough into an 8-inch circle.
- 5Prick each circle several times with the tines of a fork.
- 6Bake about 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 7Cool on cookie sheets 10 minutes. Remove each round to a wire rack. Cool completely.
- 8Whip cream to stiff peaks.
- 9In a medium bowl stir together milk, 1 teaspoon of each peel, lemon and lime juices, and food coloring.
- 10Fold in 2 cups of the cream. Cover and chill until ready to assemble.
- 11Cover and chill remaining cream.
- 12To assemble, place one shortbread round on a serving platter. Spread with half of the lemon curd.
- 13Top with half of the whipped cream mixture. Place second shortbread round on top of whipped cream mixture. Spread with remaining lemon curd and then remaining whipped cream mixture.
- 14Spread remaining 1 cup whipped cream on top.
- 15Sprinkle with remaining peels. Cover and refrigerate several hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Shortbread Torte
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.5
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 82.5 mg
- Sodium 136.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: