2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Definitely a crowd pleaser but not light on the waistband. From ToH. Cooking time includes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely shredded lime peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 (10 ounce) jar lemon curd (about 3/4 cup)
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degree F.
- 2For shortbread, in a large mixing bowl beat butter and sugar until combined.
- 3Gradually beat in flour and cornmeal until combined, then stir in nuts.
- 4Divide dough in half; on two large ungreased cookie sheets, press each half of dough into an 8-inch circle.
- 5Prick each circle several times with the tines of a fork.
- 6Bake about 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 7Cool on cookie sheets 10 minutes. Remove each round to a wire rack. Cool completely.
- 8Whip cream to stiff peaks.
- 9In a medium bowl stir together milk, 1 teaspoon of each peel, lemon and lime juices, and food coloring.
- 10Fold in 2 cups of the cream. Cover and chill until ready to assemble.
- 11Cover and chill remaining cream.
- 12To assemble, place one shortbread round on a serving platter. Spread with half of the lemon curd.
- 13Top with half of the whipped cream mixture. Place second shortbread round on top of whipped cream mixture. Spread with remaining lemon curd and then remaining whipped cream mixture.
- 14Spread remaining 1 cup whipped cream on top.
- 15Sprinkle with remaining peels. Cover and refrigerate several hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Shortbread Torte
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.5
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 82.5 mg
- Sodium 136.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: