Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Definitely a crowd pleaser but not light on the waistband. From ToH. Cooking time includes chilling time.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely shredded lime peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 (10 ounce) jar lemon curd (about 3/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F.
- For shortbread, in a large mixing bowl beat butter and sugar until combined.
- Gradually beat in flour and cornmeal until combined, then stir in nuts.
- Divide dough in half; on two large ungreased cookie sheets, press each half of dough into an 8-inch circle.
- Prick each circle several times with the tines of a fork.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on cookie sheets 10 minutes. Remove each round to a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Whip cream to stiff peaks.
- In a medium bowl stir together milk, 1 teaspoon of each peel, lemon and lime juices, and food coloring.
- Fold in 2 cups of the cream. Cover and chill until ready to assemble.
- Cover and chill remaining cream.
- To assemble, place one shortbread round on a serving platter. Spread with half of the lemon curd.
- Top with half of the whipped cream mixture. Place second shortbread round on top of whipped cream mixture. Spread with remaining lemon curd and then remaining whipped cream mixture.
- Spread remaining 1 cup whipped cream on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining peels. Cover and refrigerate several hours before serving.