Recipe by Debster
My favorite cookie to eat with tea. Pure comfort. Wonderful for gifts...if there are any left.
Top Review by luvmybge
Very nice cookie.. easy to make and tasty, too. Thanks for posting. I'm going to add it to my cookie file. I used the fresh lemon juice and the zest of one lemon. I left some of the cookies plain..and some of them I put 2 chocolate chips on the middle of the cookie as soon as they came out of the oven. Then when the chips melted I spread the chocolate down the middle.. It sure saved melting and dipping!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice or 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- lemon, zest of
- 2 cups sifted flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer.
- Scrape sides of the bowl.
- Add lemon juice, zest and flour and mix thoroughly on low speed.
- Shape level tablespoons of dough into logs on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until cookie spreads and is very light brown in color.
- Cookies may be dipped in soft lemon frosting or melted chocolate on one end.
- Chill to set chocolate or frosting.