Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These little hummers melt in your mouth!=) This recipe makes 10 dozen "mini" cookies. The dough freezes well and is great to have on hand for unexpected guests.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (no substitute)
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated lemon zest
- Combine flour, butter, cornstarch, powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Beat on low for 3 minutes ( scraping bowl often).
- Divide dough into quarters and shape into an inch diameter rolls.( You can make these rolls larger-just adjust cooking time a bit).
- Wrap each in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour (minimum).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut chilled dough into 1/4 inch slices and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes.
- (Cookies will golden -- not brown.).
These are really good. Make sure though that they are made at they place they are to be served because they do not travel well. Also make sure to cool completely on the cookie sheet and take extra care when removing them because they do break easily. I also found that it is better if these are made the 1" size so they can be popped in your mouth at one time. Anything larger causes a mess!