Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Creamy, Lemony, buttery, easy!! Another great from Eagle Brand -
Make and share this Lemon Shortbread Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup very cold unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice, strained
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (300 ml) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- icing sugar
- 1 slice lemon zest
- fresh berries
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- Pulse all shortbread ingredients together in food processor until butter is the size of small peas. Press firmly into 9-inch square parchment-lined baking pan. Bake in preheated 350F oven for 20 minutes. Removed from oven and reduce heat to 325°F.
- Beat all filling ingredients together. Pour over shortbread base and bake 30-35 minutes or until middle is almost set. Remove from oven and cool completely on wire rack. Chill if desired.
- To serve, cut into squares and garnish with a light dusting of icing sugar, lemon zest, berries, and a sprig of mint. Can be served at room temerature.