Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Was looking for a chicken marinade and came across one by our own Tish. It seemed great but not quite what I wanted. I re-invented the recipe to this one with thanks to Tish for the idea.(Cooking time is actually marinade time)
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine (can use cream sherry)
- 1⁄8 cup salad oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed (or mashed)
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- Whisk all the ingredients until well blended.
- Prepare chicken or other choice of meat.
- Place chicken and marinade in covered container or ziplock plastic bag.
- Turn several times to coat meat.
- Marinade 4-6 hours in refrigerator for chicken and up to overnight for other meats.
- Discard marinade after using one time.