Recipe by ZenyLV
I started bringing in this cake to work, and it vanished within an hour! We have this thing called "Treat Day Fridays". I've pretty much made this into an any day is treat day. Lots of compliments. It's quick and easy. My kids love this cake out of the fridge. I have also froze the cake for race days as a treat on the hot summer days. It defrosts nicely. TIPS: I've made this in smaller pans before, and although it crowns, you can cover it with the frosting. If you're bringing this to a potluck, you can line the pan with foil and spray that with non-stick oil. To create a moist cake: cover the cake with foil when it comes out of the oven and cool.
- 18 1⁄2 ounces lemon cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 ounces instant lemon pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 3 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened) or 1⁄2 cup margarine (softened)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray non-stick spray in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; set-aside.
- Mix the lemon instant pudding and 2 cups of milk until set; set aside.
- Combine the lemon cake mix, and 4 eggs into a mixing bowl and mix.
- Pour the lemon pudding into the mixing bowl and fold in the pudding.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 18-20 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cake is cooling: Mix the softened cream cheese and butter (or margarine), powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Frost the cake, and you're done!