Recipe by Domestic Goddess
A really delicious, moist cake with alot of lemon flavor. Quick and easy to prepare.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Hi Domestic Goddess, made your lemon cake this weekend, it was simply too yummy, very moist and very lemony, I took Theresa's advice, and added lemon rind (lot's of it), probably the rind of one half of a lemon, then I squeezed about 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice into the batter...it was delicious, I took it over to a get-together this weekend, and I believe that there was nothing left, everyone just loved it, the frosting was great also. Thanks so much Goddess for posting such a wonderful cake recipe, I will be making this again....KC :-)
- 517.37 g boxduncan hines moist deluxe lemon supreme cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 623.68 g can lemon pie filling
- 85.04 g softened cream cheese
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 591.47 ml confectioners' sugar
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the 4 eggs; beat for at least 30 seconds.
- Add the lemon cake mix, mix until incorporated.
- Add the can of lemon pie filling; mix until blended well.
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool before frosting.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth (do not add milk).
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Spread over cake; then refrigerate until frosting hardens up abit.
- Note: This recipe originally calls for (16 oz.) of a canned lemon pie filling, but I used a (22 oz.) can for the recipe.