Recipe by Sue Lau
A quick and easy lemon drink that is often sold at street festivals and the like. I like to make this at home for my daughter- takes up less space than a pitcher of lemonade in the refrigerator, and only a few minutes to make.
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon (or more, depending on your taste, size of lemon or how juicy it is)
- 12 ounces distilled water (may use tap water if you prefer that)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- ice cube (as needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water in a covered shaker and squeeze lemon into it until it is completely juiced (you may like to cut the lemon pieces into quarters to do this as they are easier to handle, or use a reamer instead).
- Pour the sugar into the shaker and add just a few ice cubes to agitate but do not overfill your shaker.
- Affix the lid or cap and shake mixture until the sugar completely dissolves.
- Pour lemon shake-up into a large serving glass (about a 24 oz size or larger) and add more ice to fill the glass as needed.
- Drink up and be prepared to make more!