Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
After much searching here on the site I had not found a recipe that incorporated all that I liked in a roasted asparagus. This recipe has a wonderful flavor and pairs nicely with most any dish.
- 1 lb asparagus, fresh not canned
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- dusting garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut bottom half inch off of asparagus to rid yourself of the typically hardened ends.
- Optional, to avoid having that tough stringy end on your asparagus, peel the bottom inch to two inches with veggie peeler.
- Place peeled asparagus, lemon juice, olive oil, kosher salt in bag or container and shake until they are evenly coated.
- Place coated asparagus in baking dish (I use glass) and organize so they are laying flat.
- Dust the asparagus ever so lightly with garlic powder.
- Next, shake on some sesame seeds to your liking (Measurements are approximated). Don't skip the sesame, it makes them so tasty.
- Lastly, dust with Parmesan cheese and place in oven to bake for 20 to 25 minutes depending on how tender you like your asparagus.