Recipe by Kozmic Blues
This tangy, Asian-style noodle salad is great for summertime, for a quick lunch, or light supper. This dish is both egg free and dairy free, and it's from Vegetarian Times.
Top Review by SPrins
This was very good. The only thing I changed was using an Asian chili sauce instead of the paste since I didn't have any. And I only used 2 tsp. and it was plenty hot. I also expected it to be more lemony. I added a bit more lemon juice and liked the results. Thanks for sharing!! :O)
- 12 ounces linguine or 12 ounces thin spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons chili paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Make dressing: Add tahini into bowl and gradually add boiling water until smooth.
- Add remaining dressing ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Dressing can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 3-4 days.
- Boil pasta until just tender (about 7 minutes).
- Drain pasta and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
- Transfer to serving bowl and drizzle with sesame oil.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- Add the dressing and mix well.
- Sprinkle with scallions, parsley, and toasted sesame seeds.
- Refrigerate or serve at room temperature.