Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Using different herbs means you can vary this recipe to suit your own taste. I like oreganum or basil. You can use a mixture if you prefer. Cooking time is marinating time.
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (more or less according to how strong you like the taste)
- 1 teaspoon herbs (use whatever you fancy)
- Whisk oil into the lemon juice & herbs.
- Use to marinate pork chops or pork steaks.
- Marinate for 2hrs or overnight in a glass dish.
- Drain meat before cooking.
Great marinade and so easy and versatile. I had boneless pork chops on hand and marinated in a ziplock bag overnight. Used about 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil and parsley and thyme. Added some minced garlic and fresh ground pepper. If you love lemons you will enjoy this marinade. DH grilled the chops and they were perfect, moist and tasty. Thank you JenT for sharing this recipe. Made and reviewed for the Aussie Swap #32.
I made this for the Aus/Kiwi #24 Swap. This is a very tast marinade tha is easy to make. The choice of herbs means you can have a variety of flavors. This is a Keeper!
This was very good! I added thyme and garlic to the marindade! The pork loin chops were thick...and after browning I put them in a 450 degree oven to finish cooking!! Perfect! Also used a little marinade for the fresh asparagus! Thank you!