Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
This recipe is adapted from Alton Brown's Good Eats. You may use spinach, mustard greens, kale, or greens of your choice.
- Remove any large stems and wash greens thoroughly. Roughly chop greens.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add olive oil. Add garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper, stirring to combine. Add the greens and saute 4-5 minutes, tossing coninually, till desired texture is achieved). Add the red pepper flakes and sesame seeds(and/or sesame oil if desired). Toss to mix.
- Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
TY for a great recipe that cranked up my usual salad that I have for supper every night. I followed your directions w/the omission of red pepper flakes, oh and the dark sesame oil. I lovely combination of flavor blends. Thanks Sharon! Made for Adopt-A-Tag~
The lemon Sesame greens were just so terrific. I utilized wonderful fresh spinach and there just was nothing I didn't love about this side dish. Loved the frequent garlic, the freshness of the lemon juice, the sesame seeds, the red pepper flakes. The only little addition was *caramelized onion* and fresh grated Parmesan cheese on top. Thank you, Sharon!