Recipe by Sharon123
This recipe is adapted from Alton Brown's Good Eats. You may use spinach, mustard greens, kale, or greens of your choice.
Top Review by CoffeeB
TY for a great recipe that cranked up my usual salad that I have for supper every night. I followed your directions w/the omission of red pepper flakes, oh and the dark sesame oil. I lovely combination of flavor blends. Thanks Sharon! Made for Adopt-A-Tag~
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb stemmed greens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove any large stems and wash greens thoroughly. Roughly chop greens.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add olive oil. Add garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper, stirring to combine. Add the greens and saute 4-5 minutes, tossing coninually, till desired texture is achieved). Add the red pepper flakes and sesame seeds(and/or sesame oil if desired). Toss to mix.
- Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!