Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
As if that wasn't a mouthful enough! These are deceptively light, yet very lemony (not too sweet) and have little piques of interest from the sesame seeds. A pure raspberry fruit jam spreads on top and bakes into a fruity, slightly tart glaze.
- 3 tablespoons vegan margarine (I used Earth Balance)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons 100% fruit raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8" loaf pan with greased foil.
- Cream together the margarine and sugar.
- Add the flour, sesame seeds, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt, stirring well.
- Spread into the loaf pan and spread with the jam.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool in the pan, then lift out with the foil and cut into bars.