Recipe by Wish my name is Sheridan
I found this somewhere on the internet and am going to use it for a project in my Latin class. Looks delicious! I'm not sure about the size of the pan or the number of servings. I think I'd use an 8x8 Pyrex dish. I'm still trying to figure out the formatting on submitting recipes :p. This recipe is for a cake and syrup. The ingredients for the syrup begin with the caster sugar.
- 100 g sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 lemons, finely grated zest of
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 225 g semolina
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 100 g ground almonds
- 7 tablespoons milk
- 100 g caster sugar
- 200 ml water
- 2 lemons, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, oil, and lemon zest, then gradually whisk in the eggs.
- Fold in the semolina, baking powder, ground almond and milk, mixing well.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake in a preheated 160 C (320 F) oven for 30-35 minutes or until just set and golden.
- Let cake cool in pan.
- While the cake is baking, make the syrup by boiling the sugar in water until clear and syrupy.
- Add lemon juice and return to a rapid simmer, cooking for another few minutes.
- Poke the cake all over with a skewer and then spoon the warm syrup, a little at a time, letting it soak into the cake.