Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the lemon delicious pudding I made for years but then misplaced the recipe (cut out from a magazine) and recently found it in an old dessert cookbook. The difference between this lemon delicious and others is that you do not need to use a water bath it just goes straight into the oven. Have since tried this and the DH thinks it is not quite the same one so the search is still on but he did think it was still good.
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 80 g butter (melted)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup hot water
- 30 g butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar (or lemon shreds and strawberry leaves to garnish)
- 4 tablespoons cream (to serve more if you want)
- Preheat oven to a moderate 180°C.
- Lightly grease a 6 cup shallow baking dish.
- Combine pudding ingredients and mix until smooth and pour into prepared dish.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan, stir over a low heat until dissolved and carefully pour over the pudding (I spoon the sauce over the pudding till it layers the pudding and then pour the remainder over the back of a spoon).
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Garnish with icing sugar, lemon shred and strawberry leaves if desired and serve with cream.