Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Simple. Good. I have been on a scone kick as of late. If you like more lemon flavor add it. Also make sure scones are completely cool before eating, They taste SO much better this way.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon peel (1 lemon)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 9 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, lemon peel, baking powder, baking soda and salt in processor.
- Add butter, cutting in with on/off turns until mixture resembles coarse meal. Put mixture into bowl. Add 8 tablespoons cream and lemon juice, blend until soft moist dough forms.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cups full onto heavy baking sheet. Brush tops with 1 tablespoon cream. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake until golden, about 20-25 minutes.