Lemon Scented Yogurt Cake
- Center an oven rack and preheat to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a standard loaf pan and place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, almonds, baking powder and salt.
- Put sugar in a large bowl with the zest and rub with your fingertips until sugar is moist and aromatic. Add the yogurt, eggs and vanilla and whisk until blended. Whisk in the oil. Add the flour mixture and fold with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Scrape the batter into pan and bake 50 - 55 minutes, or until cake is golden brown and beginning to pull away from the sides of the pan. Transfer pan to a rack and cool 5 minutes. Run a blunt knife around edges before unmolding onto a rack to cool, right side up.
- Combine crème fraiche, sugar and lemon juice and spoon over cake.