Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Lemons and lines are often used to flavor rice and wheat dishes in India. Here the tang of lemon is coupled with exquisitely-flavored pistachios, creating a subtle, yet flavorful dish. Dotted with plump raisins, this attractive dish makes a nice accompaniment to any entree.
- 236.59 ml basmati rice (or other lond grain rice)
- 473.18 ml water (2 1/2 cups if using brown rice)
- 78.07 ml raisins
- 9.85 ml grated fesh lemon peel
- 44.37 ml coarsely chopped pistachio nuts
- Wash the rice (and soak, if desired) as described on package, if needed.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in rice, raisins, and lemon peel. When water boils again, reduce heat to medium-low, cover saucepan, and simmer 20 minutes (45 minutes for brown rice), until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered, 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork, spoon into a serving bowl, and sprinkle with pistachios.
I made this to go along with a fish curry dish tonight. Added some sea salt and fresh lemon juice as well as the zest and it came out very nice. I really enjoyed the nuts too. Easy and flavorful. I would certainly make this again.
This came out well, but it just wasn't to our liking. The flavors didn't come together in the way I was expecting. Thanks for posting, though.