Recipe by morgainegeiser
Lemons and lines are often used to flavor rice and wheat dishes in India. Here the tang of lemon is coupled with exquisitely-flavored pistachios, creating a subtle, yet flavorful dish. Dotted with plump raisins, this attractive dish makes a nice accompaniment to any entree.
Top Review by Annacia
I made this to go along with a fish curry dish tonight. Added some sea salt and fresh lemon juice as well as the zest and it came out very nice. I really enjoyed the nuts too. Easy and flavorful. I would certainly make this again.
- 1 cup basmati rice (or other lond grain rice)
- 2 cups water (2 1/2 cups if using brown rice)
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons grated fesh lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped pistachio nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the rice (and soak, if desired) as described on package, if needed.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in rice, raisins, and lemon peel. When water boils again, reduce heat to medium-low, cover saucepan, and simmer 20 minutes (45 minutes for brown rice), until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered, 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork, spoon into a serving bowl, and sprinkle with pistachios.