This is wonderful! Another Giada De Laurentis recipe, from Sicilian Summer. There is a cooling time of 30 minutes. We made some slight changes to the original as we were experimenting and they paid off! We enjoyed this Trifle immensely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 store-bought poundcake, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup creme de cassis (or framboise liqueur, as we used raspberries)
- 2 cups quartered strawberries (or whole blueberries or whole raspberries, we used raspberries)
- toasted almond, chopped (garnish) (optional)
- whipped cream, flavored with framboise (garnish) (optional)
- fresh mint leaves, chopped (garnish) (optional)
- 1In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar with the lemon juice.
- 2Cook until the sugar has dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- 3Let cool.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine the cooled sugar mixture with the mascarpone cheese and the lemon zest.
- 5Now, add almonds, if using.
- 6Using an electric mixer, whip on medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- 7To build the trifle, line the bottom of a trifle bowl with a layer pound cake.
- 8Brush the pound cake with some creme de cassis liqueur.
- 9Spoon a layer of the cheese mixture over the pound cake, and then a layer of berries.
- 10Repeat the layers until all the ingredients are used, finishing with a top layer of berries.
- 11Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- 12Garnish with chopped mint leaves &/or flavored whipped cream &/or almonds.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Scented Mascarpone Trifle With Creme De Cassis
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.8
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 110.5 mg
- Sodium 199.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
creme de cassis