Recipe by dicentra
From TOH. Broccoli is one of the few veggies that DH will eat, so I'm always looking for new ways to fix it so I don't get bored!
Top Review by noway
This was a nice way to serve broccoli, although a bit sweeter than I would prefer for a lemon sauce. I will make again, but will reduce the sugar by 1/2 next time. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into spears
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small skillet, saute pecans in butter until golden brown. Set aside.
- Place broccoli in a large saucepan. Add 1 inch of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, broth and lemon juice until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in lemon peel and pepper. Drain broccoli and place in a serving bowl. Top with sauce and pecans.