Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was published in the "Arizona Republic" newspaper.
- 1⁄2 lb wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 grated lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles in salted water according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt the butter over medium low heat.
- Add the carrot, cover and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in scallions, dill, parsley, lemon zest, juice, salt and pepper.
- Gently stir in noodles.
- Transfer to a large platter.
- Serve immediately.