Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
from jane brody's good seafood cookbook
Make and share this Lemon Sauteed Flounder recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄4 flounder fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon scallion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- mix breadcrumbs with salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- dredge flounder in crumbs, shake off excess.
- heat oil in saute pan, add fillets and saute until browned, aprox 2-3 mins per side.
- remove to a plate and keep warm.
- add wine, garlic, lemon juice, orange juice and rind, boil to thicken, 1-2 minutes.
- add scallions, remove from heat and swirl in butter.
- serve over fish,.
- garnish with chives.
Very nicely-flavoured fish dish. The buttery sauce was lovely. Thanks, chia.