Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
This recipe is from my Company's Coming Slow Cooker Cookbook that I got from Lennie.
Top Review by Outta Here
Unfortunately, I had the same problems as the previous reviewer. The flavors were good, but, the sauce was very thin and the cake was on the tough side. I poured off the sauce into a small saucepan and thickened it on the stovetop with a little cornstarch. I have made lemon-pudding cakes in the oven and the sauce is always thicker. They all have had eggs in them. I used the paper towels, but not quite sure what their purpose is. Sorry, Shirl!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups hot water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure first 7 ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Turn into greased 3 1/2 qt slow cooker.
- Stir hot water, lemon juice and second amount of sugar together in separate bowl.
- Pour carefully over batter.
- Do not stir.
- Place 5 paper towels between top of slow cooker and lid.
- Cook on high for about 2 hours till toothpick inserted comes out clean.