Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A nice sauce for over Dutch Apple Cake or other Cake type puddings.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla custard powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Heat together the lemon rind, golden syrup and nearly all the water.
- Mix the custard powder and sugar with the remaining cold water and add this gradually to the boiling syrup.
- Stir well.
- When thick and transparent add the lemon juice and butter stirring well.
- Remove from the heat and serve warm over dessert of choice.