Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is just a basic lemon sauce to be served over gingerbread (see my Crazy Gingerbread recipe). Mmm...lemon!
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Stir in water and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. Stir until butter is melted and mixture is well blended.
- Serve with gingerbread, bread pudding, or other desserts.
Very easy and tasty. Made to serve with your Crazy Gingerbread. Made for Spring 2011 PAC game.