Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A lemony but not sweet sauce to accompany chicken breasts or fish fillets.
Make and share this Lemon Sauce (for Chicken or Fish) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 158.51 ml water
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (or 1 tsp dry granules or 2 tsp liquid concentrate)
- salt and pepper
- Combine lemon juice, sugar, soy sauce, cornstarch, bouillon cube, water, salt and pepper in a small sauce pan.
- Cook and stir over low heat until sauces comes to a boil and becomes thick.
- Add red pepper and green onions.
- Mix well and pour over cooked chicken or fish.
What a unique sauce! I would suggest a name change for this sauce as I didn’t feel lemon was the main ingredient. This has a combination of sweet & sour, plus a savory taste for a fantastic flavor which fully satisfied both differences between hubby and myself. This was easy to make and I served it over plain baked chicken breasts. The only thing I did differently was slicing the peppers instead of chopping them. I don’t think I would make this for fish as the flavor is quite rich, but I think it would be marvelous with pork or even a stir-fry. I will certainly make this again!