1/2 Photos of Lemon Sauce for Broccoli or Cauliflower
Tired of cheese sauce? Try this quick sauce for a change. MAY 2008: EDITED to add the small amount of sugar the reviewers suggested -- thank you both! This recipe only makes a small amount of sauce, for a small to medium head of broccoli (I usually break mine into florets), so double the recipe for more sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter over medium heat.
- 2Add the rest of the ingredients.
- 3Whip with a whisk while bringing it all to a simmer.
- 4Butter might separate but it won't any difference to the taste.
- 5Toss the hot broccoli or cauliflower florets with the sauce.
- 6(You might like to adjust the seasoning to your taste, or decrease or increase the lemon juice).
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Sauce for Broccoli or Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 913.3
- Calories from Fat 834
- Total Fat 92.6 g
- Saturated Fat 58.3 g
- Cholesterol 243.8 mg
- Sodium 3137.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard