Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
- Melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Allow sugar to caramelize, stirring constantly.
- When sugar is golden brown, pour in lemon juice.
- Mixture will boil furiously and sugar will seize.
- Don't be alarmed!
- Continue to stir and sauce will thicken.
I drizzled this over Lemon Waffles (recipe #78221) and it was quite tasty! It did take some arm strength to get the 'sugar seizing' lumps out, but well worth the trouble! Thanks for a great recipe, Charlotte!