Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Wonderful on angel food, sponge cakes, pound cakes, or any cake... You can use this for just about anything you wish!
Top Review by Hill Family
OMG this sauce is so darn good!! I served it on german pancakes with blueberries. Upon adding the cornstarch mixture it began to thicken immediately so I only cooked it a total of 5-6 min not the 10 then 5-6. I wish I had doubled this recipe as I can see myself topping alot of things with it!! Thanks Kittencal for a recipe I will make again and again!
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1 lemon rind, of grated
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Add in rind to boiling water; reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, sugar and salt together.
- Add water gradually, whisking constantly.
- Return to saucepan and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes until thickened.
- Lower heat and cook for 5-6 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat, and stir in lemon juice and butter.
- Best served warm.