Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wonderful on angel food, sponge cakes, pound cakes, or any cake... You can use this for just about anything you wish!
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1 lemon rind, of grated
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Add in rind to boiling water; reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, sugar and salt together.
- Add water gradually, whisking constantly.
- Return to saucepan and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes until thickened.
- Lower heat and cook for 5-6 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat, and stir in lemon juice and butter.
- Best served warm.
OMG this sauce is so darn good!! I served it on german pancakes with blueberries. Upon adding the cornstarch mixture it began to thicken immediately so I only cooked it a total of 5-6 min not the 10 then 5-6. I wish I had doubled this recipe as I can see myself topping alot of things with it!! Thanks Kittencal for a recipe I will make again and again!