Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This lovely cheesecake is comprised of a very creamy, delectable layer, a sweet sour cream layer and a tangy lemon shimmer layer. Although it seems like it might be a lot of work, this recipe is surprisingly easy and the results will WOW your friends and family.
- 2 cups cookie crumbs (I use Stella D'Oro Breakfast Treats)
- 3 tablespoons sweet butter, at room temperature
- 2 lbs cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄3 cup sambuca romana or 1⁄3 cup anisette
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Line a 10" springform pan bottom with aluminum foil and attach sides. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, crush and combine the cookie crumbs and butter. Line bottom of pan, pressing the crumbs about one-third of the way up the sides of the pan.
- In a food processor, combine all cream cheese layer ingredients except the eggs and blend until totally smooth and mixture is a thick liquid. Pulse in eggs and yolk 4 or 5 times until blended. Pour into pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Top immediately with --
- Mix sour cream, vanilla and sugar. Spread over top of cheesecake layer and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan heat lemon juice, water, egg yolk, sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan until mixture becomes clear and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Spread this mixture over the top of the cheesecake/sour cream layer. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing plastic wrap directly onto lemon layer. This will prevent a skin forming on the top. Cool until just warm on a wire rack and then place in refrigerator to chill well.
- Cut with a very sharp, long knife dipped into hot water. Rinse knife and wipe down with a dry towel before each new cut to keep each cut clean.