1 hr 20 mins
This lovely cheesecake is comprised of a very creamy, delectable layer, a sweet sour cream layer and a tangy lemon shimmer layer. Although it seems like it might be a lot of work, this recipe is surprisingly easy and the results will WOW your friends and family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cookie crumbs (I use Stella D'Oro Breakfast Treats)
- 3 tablespoons sweet butter, at room temperature
- 2 lbs cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/3 cup sambuca romana or 1/3 cup anisette
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1Line a 10" springform pan bottom with aluminum foil and attach sides. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a food processor, crush and combine the cookie crumbs and butter. Line bottom of pan, pressing the crumbs about one-third of the way up the sides of the pan.
- 3In a food processor, combine all cream cheese layer ingredients except the eggs and blend until totally smooth and mixture is a thick liquid. Pulse in eggs and yolk 4 or 5 times until blended. Pour into pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Top immediately with --
- 4Mix sour cream, vanilla and sugar. Spread over top of cheesecake layer and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- 5In a saucepan heat lemon juice, water, egg yolk, sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan until mixture becomes clear and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- 6Spread this mixture over the top of the cheesecake/sour cream layer. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing plastic wrap directly onto lemon layer. This will prevent a skin forming on the top. Cool until just warm on a wire rack and then place in refrigerator to chill well.
- 7Cut with a very sharp, long knife dipped into hot water. Rinse knife and wipe down with a dry towel before each new cut to keep each cut clean.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Sambuca Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.2
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 209.6 mg
- Sodium 269.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 35.3 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: