Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
Another recipe for smoked salmon lovers adapted from a recipe in the November/December 2005 issue of the 'donna hay magazine: turn simple into special'. I have posted two other smoked salmon recipes from this issue. Serve this with Theodore Kyriakou’s Maroulosalata (Classic Greek Lettuce Salad) or, if you are feeling more adventurous, his Green Peppers and Peaches Salad, or with your own favorite salad.
- 400 g angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 200 g ricotta cheese, preferably low fat
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- 200 g smoked salmon, slices roughly chopped
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes, or until al dente; drain thoroughly and return the pasta to the pan.
- Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, oil and parmesan in a small bowl; pour the lemon mixture over the pasta and toss to combine; add the ricotta, basil, parsley and smoked salmon and toss gently until combined.
- Spoon the pasta into 6 serving bowls and serve with a side salad and warm crusty rolls.
Clumps together too much for me.
This was really tasty, but we thought it was kind of dry. Next time I would save some of the pasta water and add it to make a creamier sauce. This was also good as a cold dish the next day.
Lovely! This was a really tasty combination. Thanks!